July 8, 2010

Lord Simba from CO ~



At a moments notice
Lord Simba
is ready to play
forgetting
he is royalty!
Ah heck, lets have
fun, he says...


Taking a moment to see what's outside,
Lord Simba spies a Squirrel Creature -
"Can he see me behind this window,
he is wondering, hmmmm..."


Simba

As I sit here penning this little ditty,
My desk is full of sprawling kitty!
This dear old inscrutable friend of mine;
I hope he has many more lives than nine!

He's just an ordinary striped ginger cat,
So fiesty, independent and fat.
His lack of noble lineage doesn't bother me;
I doubt that he's concerned about pedigree!

He has given me so much pleasure,
Even tho' he's mutilated some treasure!
What an elegant and enchanting pet.
I haven't found his contender yet!

He doesn't ask all that much of me,
Just some food and affection periodically.
I scratch his ears, stroke his fur smooth;
He in turn provides me with purring to soothe!

Maybe there are more exotic pets than a cat,
I will most certainly grant you that,
But when it comes to the bottom line,
No more noble creature did God design!

Written by:
Robert L. Hinshaw