October 10, 2017

My Name is Shadow...

'Shadow'

He comes to me daily
looks at my eyes gently
waits with patience
he knows my ways

He's smooth and sleek
grooms with endurance
takes pride for all to see
walks with a superior stride

Two months ago he appeared
not wanted at this home
but, what could one do
cries were too much to bear

Neighbors worried about
the other smaller animals
but, they ran and hid
fear was put to rest

One gave in and filled his desire
fullness silence the cries
prayers on his behalf are said
to protect from the elements -

Today...
 Neighbors named him 'Shadow'

- Rhoda Galgiani

Author's Note: Two months ago a short haired black male cat appeared at my window. So thin his ribs could be counted one by one. Against all the rules I fed him - neighbors complained to me worried about the birds and squirrels...but, I couldn't let this kitty-kat die. To my surprise - my neighbors today brought him food and named him 'Shadow'! Thank you all...rg =)  11-13-17 UPDATE: Shadow is all filled out with lots of food from me and a neighbor Richie. I put a bed out for him, a big planter on its side with a heavy towel in it. Hope he takes advantage of it. Shadow now lets us pet him and scratch his head. What a lovely animal he is. I am trying to tame him so he can be adopted...rg =)