February 25, 2012

Dear Lord ~

Dear Lord

You came to me today like yesterday
guiding me along showing me the way
You take my hand as we stroll down life’s path
as one, I fear not the world’s savage wrath
Alone was I until You came to me
my heart is full for thee I now do see
I am blessed for this I know in my heart
wondering how I survived from the start
My love for You grows stronger day by day
and to this, I lovingly want to say…

Amen

Dear Lord

Strength, your glory has given to my heart
guides me down a path I trust from the start
Lost was I till you came into my view
adrift until I meet the loving You
Not knowing which way in my life to go
I saw a glow, glorious you did show
Taking my hand in life forgiving sins
being blessed, I now spiritually win
As I follow Your word waiting for You
happiness in my heart seeing us two

Amen


"Prayer Style" created today 01/02/2012
10 lines x 10 syllables x 5 different rhyming couplets only one stanza
that must begin with "Dear Lord"... and finish "Amen"

Pat Farnsworth-Simpson, Creator/Poet
poetryandpublishing.co.uk