June 22, 2010

Mai Ling - Seven Months Later...


Reggie (l)- Mai Ling (r)

Last November, Mai Ling was adopted by Linda Saroglou, LI, NY. Because of circumstances here at my apt. complex, it was necessary to give up my Mai Ling. For seven months, Linda and her daughter Kristi have been in touch with me as to the welfare of Mai Ling. Linda on many occasions has comfort me and my grief as I took this extremely hard, giving my pet up. Linda has a 14 year old male 'Reggie' so this is Mai Ling's new Beau, so to speak. Kristi has two cats of her own, so it is now a houseful of frisky kitty cats and a house full of love.

Linda and Kristi treated me to a great lunch yesterday at Ruby Tuesday's and through encouragement, I went for a visit to their home to see Mai Ling. Of course, I had tears, but to my amazement - Mai Ling looked at me like "Who are you?" Yes, she has forgotten me. It is sad, but it is wonderful that she has accepted her new family and feline buddies. I now can put my own 'guilt' to rest and move on with our lives, as I enjoy living with Max and Gracie.