April 25, 2010

The Elephant Seal ~


His body rest upon the ageless sand
as the warmth of the sun touches his
weary body of massive strength

His youthful appearance is captured
within his eyes, a babe, exploring
almost as if calling, ‘come play with me’

A Human is discovered, something he
does not know, structure not recognized
by the sea creature resting on his domain

Eyes touch with a glance of wonderment,
a moment of trust, visions of tenderness between
the two on the apron of the cold ocean shore

A moment in time has join God’s creatures,
one who explores the depths of the sea, one from
the surface of the earth, created for them…

as the Elephant Seal and Human unite


Author's Note:

I normally would not post this type of poetry on 'Expressions', but I was sent an email Video of an young Elephant Seal who discovers a human at the beach. I was so touch by the Video, that I had to express what I felt inside. The bonding of the two was (is) incredible. I wish I could post the Link to the Video, but I couldn't. It was posted at Wimp.com