February 10, 2010

Winning Poetry...



A Single Pink Rose

You brought me
a Single Pink Rose
that touched my heart

You gave it so long ago,
with the promise of love
and I believed in you

Fool was I to trust so completely,
foolish too believe in your words of love
for I knew from the beginning
you were not real

I see a Single Pink Rose
and I feel no more,
for it had a thorn that
pierced deeply my trusting heart

One day a true flower
will bloom and come to me,
but no thorn will it carry
making my heart bleed and weep
with heartache and sorrow

The scent will be of overwhelming
sweetness that will cradle me,
with honesty, truth and love

A Single Pink Rose has died
you have taken its beauty and love,
never shall my eyes see its hue for,
the Single Pink Rose that was given -

shan’t be reborn


Third Place Winner
Love - It Heals & It Hurts Poetry Contest
February 10, 2010 ~ PoetrySoup.com


Patiently I Wait

Life is a strange turmoil
of ups and downs, its ins and outs
A shadow of restlessness
that comes and goes,
flowing in and out of my mind,
a feeling of uncertainty

I ponder my thoughts and
come away without an answer
because of the anticipation of my reality
I wonder where my fate will lead me,
curious what life is all about

I long to hold on to my memories
but, I know my mind cannot
return to its past
I must challenge the future

Why do I linger in this mode of stalemate
and why do I long for what I once knew
Why do I wallow in the self pity of loneliness
when life is on the horizon for me

This moment is but a stepping stone
for my destiny is sure to shine before me
All the secrets of my life shall be revealed

I believe in the truth of my mind
I patiently await my future knowing,
I shall succeed and only then -

I shall weep no more


Honorable Mention Winner
Tending the Sprouts Poetry Contest
February 10, 2010 ~ PoetrySoup.com


Forever Tomorrow

I long for what I once knew
the love of my life who was you,
coming to me in a time of sorrow
staying with me forever tomorrow.

I long for what I once had
lost love that left my tears so sad,
quickly as a special love came
it left me, but no one is to blame.

I long for what I once lost
a love I felt freely without cost,
secure with my heart complete
our love was tender and oh, so sweet -

My heart knows you shall not come home
years passed and I sit silently alone.


Third Place Winner
A Romantic Longing Poetry Contest
February 12, 2010 ~ PoetrySoup.com


Images of the Past

ghost shadows reflect
mountain peeks at a sunrise
secrets remain deep


Sixth Place Winner
Sunrise Haiku Poetry Contest
February 12, 2010 ~ PoetrySoup.com

The Haiku is a Japanese Form of Poetry consisting of three lines with
a syllable count of 5, 7, 5 per line with the subject being of nature.