June 26, 2009

A Soaring Ego


Did you fall into an abundance of an uplifting spirit
a golden hue that made you feel glorified
a promise of wholeness
Did you know what you needed -
As you tried to gain a new reality
upon a cloud you knew would
always glow after the thunderstorm

How much can one consume as they try to release
what is pent-up within wanting to race to the sky
taking so long yes, a lifetime
Then go -
Climb the corridor bleeding from the blueness of your wound
as you widen your dormant angelic wings
fulfilling them with clouded conceit

Seeing the wind of change
seeing the expansion of the hidden breath
I have exhaled to gain in the height
Of my freedom -
a soaring robin's feeling of flight
hindering him from longing to live
thriving on life before its death

Mystery finds me still
lingering above the earth of shallow
a valley of vanity soon covered by a winter’s white
Come with me - you delicate rose
as your fragrance consumes me with delight
brightly you bloom as you fly with me
from your meadow of egotism –


- Rhoda Galgiani