September 26, 2014

 
Grace Touched Me

Emotions tangle with the inner gates
brings one to a realization what is to be
with lingering momentum of stale memories
from years gone by, years of miscalculations

Strength opens a gate to new horizons
gives promise of change, promise of renewal
bright visions consume another gate
again, lighting up ones path of assurance

Faith penetrates the soul highlighting
the inner core that controls ones thoughts
settling the unruffled to become smooth again
new sensations now becomes joyfully entwined

Love of ones own mind and body
brings determination of what shall be
for all the twisted tangled webs
shall be of the past as grace touched me
 
- Rhoda Galgiani


4 comments:

Karen O'Leary said...

What a wonderful poem, so rich in imagery and faith. Keep your light shining and your pen flowing my friend. Blessings to you.

Love,
Karen

Maurice Reynolds said...

Amen! Nice work, Rhoda. Continued blessings! -MJ

Charlene McCutcheon said...

Rhoda, grace certainly touched you on this one. Loved it and you.
Charlene

Rhoda Galgiani said...

This poetry creation is one of my favorites. Yes, it is a bit heavy, but it comes from my heart. We all have confusion or pain - we come to realize that it will pass and we come to a new understanding about life. I have learned this past year how to deal with the passing of three family members in a six month period. One being my Max a kitty who passed at 18. I took it hard internally - then, I moved downstairs to a new apt and Gracie (my other kitty) and I got settled with a whole new beginning it seems. I have learned that I can't change what is to be with death - but, I now I think I can handle it differently with my trust in God. But also, if I can't handle it I will be at my Dr. office and he will help me cope with medication. I won't put my body through the hell it went through ever again...Thank you for letting me vent...rg