November 4, 2011

Carry On...

Some days are long;
the road gets tough.
We give it our all
and that is enough.

Friends share our toils
and carry us through.
We learn about love
and generosity too.

We sing of the gift
of a warm embrace.
It lifts our burden
from a weary place.

We learn to look
for others in need.
With grateful hearts,
we spread love’s seed.

Some days are long;
the road is tough.
We give our best
and that is enough.

Karen O'Leary, Poet, ND


Author's Note:

I am so honored to receive this email from my dear friend and a fellow poet who took it upon herself to advertise 'Expressions' Poetry Journal. It is so nice to have genuine friends in my circle of people that I care about. Karen wrote the following email and sent it out to her friends...rg

Dear Poetry Friends,

Expressions Poetry Journal is a website managed by the talented writer, Rhoda Galgiani. She just published my poem, "Carry On", at her site. I hope you stop in and take a look, leave a comment, or consider submitting a poem of your own for consideration. Let show her our support! Here is the web address--

http://chesakat1.blogspot.com/

Thank you for considering this. Happy writing everyone!

Karen