August 22, 2014


A Solitary Smile

How does one capture true love from
another heart that carries a frown that
hides their emotions from the world?
 
Or, how does one escape true love
and move within their own world not
concerned with the love of another?
 
Is life complete as one remains a single
shade on the painter’s pallet that drips as
paint does from the end of the brush?

Simple conclusion - it is acceptable for one
to remain alone, content with life’s path
and teachings of the world and her rules
 
as the heart accepts today...
with a solitary smile!
 
- Rhoda Galgiani



5 comments:

Charlene McCutcheon said...

How poignant these thoughts Rhoda. I for one do not want to remain a single shade on a pallet of love but desire to have all shades and colors beside me. You my dear sister or such a lovely shade of love. May we mix our colors to paint beauty in the hearts of those around us.
Love, Charlene

peter Dome said...

Wonderful Rhoda and what a wonderful site. hope your'r ok. take care Pete.

Karen O'Leary said...

Dear Rhoda,

What a beautiful poem from your kind heart. Yes, we do have to accept each day and do the best we can with it. Wonderful message my friend.

Love,
Karen

Maurice Reynolds said...

Passionate and gentle is "A Solitary Smile," Rhoda. I especially like the forth stanzas. Continued blessings! -MJ

Rhoda Galgiani said...

Thank you all for your comments - yes, I am single which prompted this poetry. I did wish to meet someone, but at my age - this isn't going to happen. Acceptance is so important, for without it where would I be???rg