February 3, 2014

Free Verse...

Tongue of Deceit
 
Tell me no lies for I tell you truth.
Look into my eyes and acknowledge
what you do not want to hear.
Your reality is slapping you in your face,
you do not want a reality check or truth.
You want to play games and continue on
with these childish antics between two adults.
 
I am a woman who has needs and desires.
You shall not destroy the progress I have made
by my struggle, for you are not worthy of me.
You have revealed to me the lies on your breath,
the mistrust I have obtained towards you is true,
my truth of truths is shielding me from harm.
I turn away so your scars will not cling to my soul.
 
Run I shall, far from the split tongue of an evil man.
Wind whirling through my hair as a cleansing ritual
making me pure again, to love again, to be me again.
No mortal is worth the stripping of the life so treasured
by the one who breaths it, no man has the right to burn
my heart, my life, my dreams, my needs or my desires… 
 away with you and your tongue of deceit.
 
- Rhoda Galgiani
 
Free Verse Poetry Form has no rhyme, no special line length or no special pattern
It sounds like natural speech - It tells a story or paints a picture - It uses carefully chosen words to describe experiences or feelings - It is written like a poem and not like a paragraph
It must make sense to the reader…rg