December 29, 2009

Angel of Sunlight ~


Angel of Sunlight
came whispering love to me
with all her heavenly might

Spreading her glorious wings
as scents of fragrance in the air
touches my heart with special care

Deep within the beautiful bloom
newborn buds shelter their scent
waiting to greet me as it was meant

Sharing all her glory with me
Angel of Sunlight flutters with glee
for I came to her longing to see…

love



Fifth Place Honorable Mention
Angel Poetry Contest
January 31, 2010 ~PoetrySoup.com

Author's Note:

I received this beautiful Angel for Christmas from my creative friend Patricia Adams, AK. This was the only gift I received, because one daughter was ill and the other couldn't travel from NJ because of bad weather...so we haven't shared Christmas yet. I met Patricia almost three years ago on a poetry web site and we share feelings and comments about our poetry to each other and also to other poets. Patricia's sensitivity is beyond words for she expresses from her loving heart. Yes, she is a poet and you may read her at PoetrySoup.com - Search Poet: Patricia Adams at the web site. Thank you my dear friend for this special gift. I shall cherish it for the rest of my days, remembering my only gift for Christmas 2009 came from your dear heart, all the way from AK to NY...

Love, Rhoda