September 25, 2009

My McDonald's Prince ~


I saw a man today,
he was handsome and about my age.
I spoke and he spoke back to me and
I felt the yearning to carry on the
conversation, just a little bit longer.

We spoke with ease, comfortable as I
felt a familiar rush being in his presence.
“Oh, I thought, could this be?
Is he finally, being brought to me?”
I smiled with happiness deep inside.

He said, “Nice talking to you,”
as he paid for his coffee and
left as quickly as he came.
I paid for my Chicken McNuggets
and left the same...

as I came -
too!

____________________


Unexpected Romance

{Limerick Form}

The rabbit ran straight up the hill,
he was chasing that silly Jill.
But, she was distracted
for how she reacted,
as Jack’s kisses gave her a thrill.


The Stroll
{Limerick Form}

The little Skunk got so excited
because his girlfriend smiled delighted.
They strolled through the flowers
loving for long hours,
as little Skunk became delighted.


Going Nowhere
{Limerick Form}

The silly Duck flew into the window
not seeing the shiny glass in limbo.
He cried ouch, I hurt my pouch,
flipped and landed on the couch.
Dizzy Duck cried - what a silly Bimbo!


The three foregoing poems are of Limerick form and consist of five-lines, often humorous in style. Lines 1, 2 and 5 have seven to ten syllables and rhyme with one another. Lines 3 and 4 have five to seven syllables and also rhyme with each other -
Rhymning sequence: A-A-B-B-A