January 14, 2018

Within One's Mind



Where I was hidden within a mask
unable to move ahead to tackle my own task,
sealed with feelings so the world couldn’t see
pretended life was perfect, but it wasn’t for me

Body and mind captures deep a darkened hole
wanting to explore, but the mind was not whole,
somehow, feelings sealed in its own captive crate
protects my soul, from its wrath before it’s too late

Looking around at others and their well being
afraid to take a chance, so the eyes may start seeing,
wonder why my ways can’t grow beyond its own wall
questions why it can’t come out of its shadowed hall

Hidden so long a comfort zone took control
today will pass; my thoughts need not take a stroll,
excuses shout, ‘I shan’t walk my journeys new path
tomorrow I say that’s the day to conquer my wrath'

Tomorrow the dark drawing that lies ever still
angels encouragement bring strength and goodwill, 
nourishes life on that carries patterns of self doubt
thoughts swarm wildly rush swiftly to come out...

- Rhoda Galgiani