April 17, 2013

'Expressions' is Featuring ~ Sumay the Poet...



Lady Mc Grady
Thought that just maybe
Today she should exercise an hour or two.

With weights in her hands
And active sweat glands
She sweated and panted until she turned blue.

She still kept on going
Each day it was showing
Her new-found confidence amazingly grew.

To everyone’s surprise
She grew much smaller in size
It was then that she finally knew.

At the start of this fight
I thought I was right
In believing in all I can’t do.

But as I grew wise
I saw them as lies
And instead, good health I pursue.

So if you must question
You want a confession
For good health requires a new view.

Don’t let it get you down
That you can’t swim, you drown
Instead focus on what you can do.

Take one step a day
Don’t worry what you weigh
Just get moving and eat healthy too.

For wiser, it seems
Is not something of dreams
What you strive for – is possible – it’s true!

© ~ Sumay, 2013


Editor's Note:

 SUMTHINGSPECIAL SparkPeople.com 
 is a Home School Mom of 4 Kids Who is a Happily Married Poet