March 4, 2013

Poetry Lover's Delight ~ Karen O'Leary

Winding Road

Ten paces past yesterday,
long after the rising sun,
my life’s journey continues
though I do not know how long.

Each step up the mountainside
is another challenge won.
And when the day is over,
I hope I have touched someone.

For the road still beyond me;
I trust God to guide my way.
With faith’s strength and compassion,
I walk the path of today.

© Karen O’Leary
Editor's Note:
'Expressions' is excited to feature Karen O'Leary a freelance writer/editor from West Fargo, ND. Her poetry, short stories and articles have been published in a variety of venues. She released her first book of poetry in 2011 called Whispers... published by A.P.F. Publisher. Their second project, Snippets...an anthology of short verse, contains poetry from 73 talented writers from across the world and was released in 2012. Karen is a member of The Writers and Poetry Alliance and the Haiku Society of America.

Visit 'Whispers...' at the following link:   http://whispersinthewind333.blogspot.com