November 8, 2012

'Fuzzy' in the Weeds ~

 Photo by Carol Bales
 
Cats At Their Bowls Lapping
 
Imagine Angela,
after all these years,
rising and gliding
to check on my pie, 
 
wouldn’t that be something?
Angela, come to Chicago,
and bring all of your cats.
I’ll watch those cats 
 
in your lap napping,
you in my lap napping,
the cats at their bowls lapping,
and I in my chair laughing.
 
Angela, bring all of your cats
and come to Chicago
to make Coquilles St. Jacques
and Jefferson Davis Pie.
 
“If ever I cook dinner for you,
it will be Coquiles St. Jacques
and Jefferson Davis Pie.”

© Donal Mahoney

 
Donal Mahoney, a native of Chicago
lives in St. Louis, Missouri. His poetry and fiction
have appeared in The Sound of Poetry Review
and other publications in the United States
Europe, Asia and Africa
 
 
'Expressions' wishes to thank Mr. Mahoney
for his submission and his love of Felines...rg