April 20, 2012

Francis the Cat ~ by John Henson


Bonsoir mon ami I am Francoise Le Chat
That’s French you know, for Francis the cat
Here on the Champs Ellysees pickings are fat
And beautiful Mademoiselle’s stop for a chat

Oolala my friend I am in love with them all
Well! I am a young garcon and having a ball
Friends tell me the ladies will be my downfall
So! Until that happens, I will give them my all

I am the aristocat, the lord of the alleyways
Someone crosses my path and bravery he displays
Why I can run faster I know all the pathways
Though the ladies this somewhat dismays

Still I am the greatest there has ever been
A pussy cat extraordinaire, lean and mean
When I’m running away from the scene
I’m the fastest feline the world has ever seen

John Henson, Poet
The Writer's and Poetry Alliance
http://poetryandpublishing.co.uk/