August 1, 2010

Just for a Moment ~


I think of you and our days gone by
ever so often with a wandering sigh,
heavy heart I carry today within
as dreams of you come now and again

Where has the time gone, where has it been
looking in the mirror, I see deeply within,
my mind is young as I remember us when
time together seems so long ago, then

My time with you is deep in my heart
memories how I loved you from the start,
thinking our time would forever hold
not being without you as I grew old

Time is my enemy, I cry please stand still
dreaming to go back to a love that was real,
reality grabs me, shakes me to my moment now
reminds me again how I singularity take my bow

It is well and good my memories hide in my mind
as I close the door to the thoughts of that time,
but, today I remember that evening of August joy
as we came together, a young girl and boy –

just for a moment...
I am thinking of you today

August 1, 1959 ~ August 1, 2010