January 23, 2010

Gracie - Instant Love, Look at Those Eyes!



Awakened Heart

One alone doesn’t have the comfort
of protective arms or gentle words
consoling the sleeping heart with
conversation and companionship

Arriving home to a dwelling that
was empty from laughter and warmth
from another being is lonely, leaving one
to find comfort and joy within their own self

The thought of you came to mind as again
I went through another day lonely,
longing to feel an awakened heart,
to feel, affection from another’s heartbeat

I went for you, to capture your devotion
because I knew you were waiting for me within
the confines of your dwelling, a place you wished
to leave, a home you were longing for, also

Our eyes met and I knew in an instant I was to
choose you for it was meant to be, a joining of two
for it was destined, a partnership of warmth
between a human and the devoted feline

You captured my heart with a purring thank you,
with cuddling, sharing our new found togetherness
fulfilled with happiness, for you were chosen to share
my life as we dream together, I adore you because…

you are here, my feline friend

Gracie, 4 weeks old came home and filled
my heart with warmth and love ~ July 2008