March 17, 2014

Free Verse...

'Halo Reach'

Within My Reach
 
I am happy, laid back and everything is going my way!
You know why, I ask? Because I have faith -
Yes, a simple five letter word that contains hope,
promise and love not only for myself, but for others.
 
Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t always this way!
I had to work at achieving this graceful state,
working some days just a little bit harder to keep
faith within my reach, for the world can be harsh.
 
One must love themselves in order to feel the love
towards others. The jealousy, anger or mistrust has
to be barred, in order to go forth with joy in one’s heart,
wearing a facade only covers the inner pain of sadness.
 
One can pretend as they carry that dark cloud upon
their weary shoulders. No, learn to be in love with one’s self,
as you take a moment to notice what is around the bend so
you may touch others with the beauty growing within your soul -
 
then and only then, will you feel His grace.

- Rhoda Galgiani
 

Free Verse Poetry Form has no rhyme, no special line length or no special pattern
It sounds like natural speech - It tells a story or paints a picture - It uses carefully chosen words to describe experiences or feelings - It is written like a poem and not like a paragraph
It must make sense to the reader…rg