March 14, 2014

Tetractys...

Given 1981 ~ Taken 1996


Taken

Rose
Pink hue
Breathless scent
Taken from me
To be given away to someone blind
 
- Rhoda Galgiani

 
Tetractys Form of Poetry is a poetic form consisting of at least 5 lines of
1, 2, 3, 4, 10 syllables - Poetry can be written with more than one verse,
but must follow suit with an inverted syllable count
Tetractys can also be reversed and written 10, 4, 3, 2, 1
Double Tetractys maybe written as 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 - 10, 4, 3, 2, 1
Triple Tetractys as 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 - 10, 4, 3, 2, 1 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 10…rg

4 comments:

  1. Powerful and great in description and detail. Love it. -MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved it Rhoda. I like this form. I will have to try my hand at it. Thank you for sharing.
    Love, Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know Maurice, for a sad little poem you perked me up with your wonderful comment. My heart thanks you...rg

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great poetry form to work with Charlene - yes, give it a try, you will enjoy it also. Thanks so much for your wonderful support...rg

    ReplyDelete