March 20, 2014

Welcome Spring

This year I have waited like no
other for Spring to come back my way.
Watching the silent trees for a signal of new growth,
listening for the birds to sing their first tune,
watching people to see if they step just a bit lighter.

Spring you have come again with beauty.
You are finally here for all to sing about.
Seeing the Daffodils starting to grow
Tulips poking their new born sprouts up
through the hardened earth reaching for the sun. 

I am happy for my Spring is here.
I am going outside to enjoy every moment
of this glorious time of year,
seeing it all, the new growth of it.
spending every second I can in God’s... 

seasonal creation of love

- Rhoda Galgiani


10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem. All I can say is, I definitely agree with you that Spring needs to get here and get here in a hurry. Thank you for sharing. -MJ P.S. Love the picture designs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this poem. It just lightened my heart and made me want to go out into my yard and observe all of nature. The deer come down and eat the tops off our daffodils. Wish I knew a simple trick to keep them from eating them. Thank you for sharing such lovely words that make me feel like Spring really is here even though it was 15 degrees this morning and that feels like it is still winter. :)
    Love, Charlene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the whole country is ready for Spring Charlene - Mother Nature was very harsh this past Winter. I plan to get out more, go by the water, taking my lunch with me and enjoying the next few months until Winter comes around again. Life is just too short to be sitting in the apt watching TV and playing on the Computer...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I say PTL for my computer. :) It indeed would have been difficult this winter were it not for the fact I can "get out" symbolically. LOL

      Delete
  5. Yes, I agree - thank God for my computer during the winter when I stay in. It keeps me going for sure! Hugs...rg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful poem Rhoda! So rich in imagery. I am waiting for spring too. Most of our snow is gone though you can never count out March for dumping a bunch of new white stuff on us. Your talent shines in this one my friend. Thank you for sharing it.

    Love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Karen - think our snow is gone for the year, but one never knows! Happy Spring to you...rg

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're suppose to get another snowstorm over the next day. I'm just so tired of winter. Hope it doesn't amount to a lot of snow.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our weather here on Long Island looks good for the entire week. Hopefully Spring is really here. Keep safe and warm...rg

    ReplyDelete